Chile history, medicine and types.
Salsa, stir fry, rellenos, even ice cream!
* POSTPONED until further notice.
Guerra's Fresh Salsa | Ancho Relleno Casserole | Guerra's Sirloin Pepper Stir Fry | Lino's Famous Asparagus | Roasted Peppers | Links to Other Recipes
Guerra's Fresh Salsa
Pico de Gallo (Medium Hot)
1 tsp. Guerra's Gourmet Natural Seasonings
1 Small Onion
1 Lime, Squeezed into Onion
2 tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
1 Portugal Pepper
1 Ancho Pepper (remove seeds)
2 Serrano Peppers
1 Anaheim Pepper (remove seeds)
Finely chop and mix together.
Return to Top
Ancho Relleno Casserole
Roast 12 ancho peppers at 450�F for about five minutes until the skins blister. For a milder casserole, substitute 16 banana peppers for the anchos. Discard stems and seeds and remove skins.
Stir fry the following:
2-3 tbsp. Olive Oil
2-3 Tomatoes, chopped
1/2 Cup Onion
1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
Salt to Taste
Place in an 8" by 8" glass baking dish. Layer roasted peppers and shredded Monterey Jack cheese This casserole takes about 15 minutes to prepare and less to eat.
Return to Top
Guerra's Sirloin Pepper Stir Fry
2 Pounds Sirloin, cut into cubes or strips
2-3 tsp Guerra's Gourmet Natural Seasonings
3 tbsp. Olive Oil
2 tsp. Vinegar (cider or white)
Lino's Famous Asparagus
- Cover meat and cook on medium high about 15 to 20 minutes. Uncover and allow meat to fry a little for 5 minutes or less. Option: Meat may be marinaded in advance.
- Add two cups of yellow gypsy or sweet banana or ancho peppers (chopped).
- Add three cups of red bell pepper (chopped) and one onion (chopped).
- Add two cups of sliced zucchini.
- Add 1 tsp. salt.
- Add 1 tsp cumin.
- Add vegetables to meat mixture, cover and cook until vegetables are tender-crisp.The dish will be juicy from the zucchini. Do not add tomatoes.
2-3 tbsp. Olive Oils
2 Cups Washed and Cut Asparagus Spears
1-2 tsp. Guerra's Gourmet Natural Seasonings
Heat oil, add asparagus, seasoning, and saute for three to five minutes at medium heat. Serve immediately.
20 New Mexico or Sweet Banana Peppers
1/2 Pound of Monterey Jack Cheese sliced in long rectangles
Wash peppers, cut a T at the base of the peppers close to the stem - stuff with strips of cheese. Broil or grill 5 to 10 minutes until skin blisters and then sprinkle with Guerra's Gourmet Natural Seasonings. Serve immediately - they will disappear.
Links to Other Recipes